Thursday 20 March 2014

Around Town in Wanaka

022 (853x1280) This cutie rode past me on my “Orange” day (see below) and offered to let me photograph his helmet (with parental permission, of course).  Don’t you just want to hug him?  097b (683x1024)
Café Scene Wanaka Style and look at that gorgeous backdrop
Eat your heart out Aucklanders
086b (683x1024) This is ‘Crazy Carol’.  She was walking so fast I had to chase her.  She is a promo person for a skifield and said people send her toys (those ones in her hairdo) from all over the world.
At Puzzling World … I asked the really grumpy Pom on the left if I could take his photo and he said no.  He said he d094b (1024x683)oesn’t play games and was just sitting watching his mate. Half an hour later I went over again and he was trying to do a puzzle and I said “oh you are doing one then” and “can I take your photo” and he said no.  So I did.
040b (1024x683)
Puzzling World’s quirky frontispiece.  This place has tables set out with many puzzles on them and you can just go in and sit there for as long as you like and do as many as you want and the staff will help when you get stuck and it’s all free unless you got into the maze or the mirror rooms
This lady was totally engrossed in trying to do the Rope Puzzle.  In the end, she threw in the towel and said she wouldn’t give up her day job.
I asked the staff how to do the puzzle and if I’d sat there all afternoon, I still wouldn’t have got it out without help
060b (1024x683)

No comments:

Post a Comment